3.22.2011

Globs of rainbow...

home decor
home decor
This is the scene from my desk yesterday. EZ E and I managed to ruin one pan and two drinking glasses yesterday, all in my genius attempt to make rock candy with him. Epic failure. The sugar mixture almost instantly coagulated into a big red glob and sat on my desk for the entire afternoon before I worked up the gumption to toss it. We'll see if the glass can be saved. Any tips out there for making rock candy? Besides perhaps thinking of a different project to do with an impatient 3-year-old?

desk

8 comments:

mixette said...

How about making this suet feeder full of rainbow scraps of yard: nest material for birds:

http://bit.ly/eKD0G4

Paulette said...

Sorry about the rock candy...though I'm not sorry I got to peep the epic rainbow garland above your desk. Swoon.

Kristin said...

Stunning eggs!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

mixette- oh my word. That is just the prettiest thing! Must do!!! Thanks!

Paulette- I adore you. :)

Thanks, Kristin!
x, Abbey

mamafabun said...

That's an adorable idea, Mixette.

Astrid said...

Sorry, no tips on making rock candy, but I do love the nice red colour it produced! Perhaps save the recipe in case you need to fossilise insects or mortar bricks together :)

buyaionaccount said...

What a pretty and vibrant colored garland you hanged their. I can sense spring from this simple yet inspiring style.l

A Beautiful Party said...

at least the wall hanging is beautiful??...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...