2.07.2011

Playroom...

playroom
I mentioned on Friday that I had a project in the works. Well, much to PRH's chagrin, I flip-flopped EZ E's bedroom with the playroom! You can see before photos of both rooms here. These are the 'after' photos of the playroom. The zig zag rug is one of those awful foam kids play mats. We had one in our basement that was left behind by previous tenants (aka my aunt and uncle); I saw this post at design*sponge and then painted ours with primer and black chalkboard paint. Easy! The cabinet came from our dear friends, Ken and Don. It had been living in our garage for a few months while I decided what to do with it. Now it holds small toys and craft supplies.

playroom
This is the opposite side of the playroom. The bird poster was made by scanning in a piece of vintage needlepoint that I found at a thrift store, blowing it waaayyyyy up, and printing it out at a university print shop. You may recognize it from this post (this room started out as our bedroom...I'm starting to realize that I change things around a lot).

playroom
A bunch of toys are tucked away in the closet.

playroom
Remember this rocking chair?

playroom
EZ E and I found this wall hanging at Mama Goose the other day. We both liked the back better than the front, so we decided to hang it that way.

playroom
My parents gave us the giant vintage dollhouse (thanks, mom and dad!). It definitely gets a ton of use and there are a lot of little toys stashed in there. And, yes, that's the Mystery Machine parked next to it.

playroom
Kicky's ponies are in a big metal planter from the Christmas Tree Shop.

playroom
One final photo to give you an idea of how the room is laid out.

playroom
Meg from elsie marley invited me to guest blog today (one of my long-time favorite blogs...I was thrilled to be invited), so you can see the photos of EZ E's bedroom are over there.

31 comments:

oversewn said...

I LOVE it! Great blog! :)

Tiffany Layden-Ooley said...

Looks amazing, but then again your whole house always looks amazing to me! Great job!

Kathleen said...

I really love the wood cabinet for the toys and crafts! amazing.

you are just so crafty!

kathleen xx

Leah said...

That cabinet is awesome. I'm beyond jealous.

Your kids are so lucky to be growing up in such a creative home!

Kaitlyn said...

i love it! super creative :)

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

I love that metal bin from CT Shop! The room looks fabulous and I love how you painted the foam stuff. Thats a brialliant idea! We have that junk up on our attic floor and Ive always been partial to just burning it all:) Yours looks like a high end rug!

Ms M said...

Looks stunning! LOVE the blown up needlepoint x

FeeMail said...

ohhh, I love the bird poster...

karen said...

Very nice-I love how you put things together and I LOVE the bookcase in your son's room-I must have one of those!!!!! Karen from CT

erika said...

That playroom looks great, love the mat and that cabinet I would love to have in my workroom!!

Belinda said...

Oh my god, what I would do for that cabinet....love it so much!
Love the bird poster too, such a great idea.

Words and Eggs said...

Umm, can I live there? That globe just gave me a million ideas...

diane said...

lots of good stuff in that room, I love the large needlepoint print...brilliant idea!

.caroline armelle. said...

wow! that is a darling playroom!

and, i am loving the valentine's!!

very fun blog!

amourette said...

great rug!

mer said...

so incredibly cute!

Jen said...

This is a GREAT playroom...so many wonderful ideas! Can I ask where you found the curtains? Love the fabric!

Jen said...

Love this playroom! So may great ideas! Can I ask where you found the fabric for the curtains or the curtains themselves? I have been looking for something for our playroom (or bedroom!) and that fabric is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love the playroom! Where did you get the hot pink flower painting?

elisabeth@itsyfactor said...

Between the teepee and the rug this is exactly what I've been wanting to do in my daughters' room. Exactly. May I ask where you found the rug?

elisabeth@itsyfactor said...

Nevermind. Found it. Thought it might be this: http://bit.ly/gkoKn1

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! The curtains came from Pier One (they were $10 per panel- cheaper than making my own). The painting behind the cabinet is one that I made in grad school- you can see more of that work here. We found the teepee on amazon and the rug is an ugly rubber play mat that I painted. :)
x,
Abbey

Chic Technique said...

Love what you did with the playroom & had to share with my readers ;) http://chictechnique.com/2011/04/chevron-rugspretty-floors/

Sarah H said...

Hi, I love your chevron rug you painted. I need to find an inexpensive rug and am considering painting foam play mats too. I was wondering how durable it's been and if the paint has cracked or anything.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Sarah- the paint has definitely cracked, but you may be OK if you seal it with some kind of clear coating after you paint it. Ours has also been a beast to clean, but I think it's because I didn't seal it. Good luck!
:) Abbey

Sarah H said...

Awesome, thanks.

LAINA said...

I found your pictures on pintrest and am in the market for a play kitchen for my son. I love yours? Who makes it? I love that it is small but has everything you need. Thanks.
lainacampbell@gmail.com

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hi Laina,

I'm not sure what the brand of the play kitchen is, but the kids love it. I think we found ours on Amazon- there's one here though:
http://www.childrenstoytrains.com/Childs-Play-Kitchen.html
:) Abbey

Momma said...

hi! i was wondering if your boy is like my daughter and puts everything in her mouth. I am interested in doing one of these playmats but wasn't sure what peoples experience has been with kids licking or chewing on them. Has anyone let their kids actually play with these in there mouth? any danger? If so please email me theyfellinlove312@gmail.com. Thanks!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Momma,

Our kids have never tried to put the playmat in their mouths. I used chalkboard paint, which I definitely would NOT recommend allowing them to put in their mouths. Honestly, if you're worried about your daughter putting the playmat in her mouth, then I wouldn't make one like this. Good luck!

Best,
Abbey

Lindsey Marlor said...

how sturdy is your teepee?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...