2.21.2011

Not-so-magic pony...

weekend
Wow! I've loved reading all of the comments on the great farmhouse debate. What I failed to mention in that post is that I grew up on a farm. Horses, cow, chickens, haying, tractors, a 15 minute drive to the nearest small town. The whole nine. I even had a pony...not the magical, rainbow-colored pony of my dreams that passed it's days handing out candy and lovingly giving rides. My pony (Nelly) was a snarky, rotten little thing that loathed children. I digress. The great farmhouse debate continues but, interestingly, the tables have turned. Now I'm convinced that the bucolic life is for us (how very Oliver Wendell Douglas of me) and PRH has gone all Eva Gabor (minus the whole glamorous, bejeweled Hungarian thing). So it's back to baking, folding, stitching, and wishing for a magical pony.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I loved growing up on a farm, everyday is an adventure. I still get up before the sun every morning no matter how much i try to to sleep in.
I also wanted that magical pony but had to settle for the lambs & calves we bottle fed.

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

I didn't grow up on a farm, but I spent weekends at my dad's house in the country. I couldn't use the phone to call friends (long-distance), we had three channels that came in on the tv, and there wasn't anything in walking distance except the woods. Not fun for a moody middle-schooler. Although I think it might be idyllic to have a cabin in the country as a get-away, I don't think I could live there permanently.

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

hahaha...I didnt grow up on a farm but we did have two horses. One was a Palomino named "Barney." I'll stop there:)
*Dont forget to enter my week of fun giveaways!*
XO,
Sarah

Hannah Jade said...

What's the sweet-looking thing in the bottom left photo? Looks amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...