2.25.2011

Book nerds...

picture book
picture book
picture book
You've seen the bookshelf in their room, so you know that both Kicky and EZ E are kind of book nerds. Scholastic sent over a beautiful, wordless picture book called Where's Walrus by Stephen Savage this week that we haven't put down. I like the graphic quality of the illustrations and EZ E and Kicky both like that they can read it on their own. I love that too, not because I don't want to read with them, but because I want them to have the confidence to pick up any book and give it a chance. When they're reading a book like Where's Walrus on their own, I'm doing a secret little happy dance and imagining them slogging through Ulysses someday. And when they are, I'm going to send Stephen Savage a thank you card! How awesome is this book trailer, btw?

4 comments:

judy said...

Love this post and video. Being a children's librarian and a mom who just took her kids to the NY Public library this thrills me.

Meghan B said...

Hey Abbey,
Stephen Savage is great! I met him a couple of months ago at The Eric Carle Museum and he demonstrated in the Studio how he made his linocut illustrations. He's coming back to The Carle on May 15th at 2pm as a Special Storytime Guest to share Where’s Walrus. He's also going to sign books! I can't wait! p.s. Your readers can learn more about this event at www.carlemuseum.org

Sarah Jane said...

Oh how I love children's books! I can't wait to get our bookshelves up in our dining room so they can all be displayed properly...instead of piled up in my daughter's closet!

Tilda B. Hervé said...

oh wow! i have to buy it for loïc, thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...