2.28.2011

Before loves after...

The farmhouse debate is still going strong. In the meantime, however, I've decided to break out the "visual guns" and play pretend with all of you. Let's just imagine what this place could be, shall we? Here's the barn before...

barn before
and here's the inspiration for after...

barn
(image above via architect: Derek Sanders)

barn
(image above found via Oliver Yaphe- photo by Phil Mansfield for The New York Times. Architect: Derek Sanders)

elle decor
(image above by Roger Davies for Elle Decor)

Classic red barns are nice, but I prefer this darker, more unexpected paint choice. The red door on that second image from the top just knocks it out of the park for me. Be sure to check out The New York Times and Elle Decor for more photos of these gorgeous places. Wowza!

13 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh, I'm crazy about these black barns!

April said...

I think that black would be a gorgeous contrast to the colors of the leaves in the fall.

Katie*Belle said...

That dark color is gorgeous! It seems very of-the-present but yet respectful of the past.

Belle said...

I love the color. Looks terrific!

Anna said...

wow, love the unusual color! Our "top of the farm" barn is green and I love it. (We also have a "bottom" barn, "pappy's" barn, and the "morton" barn on our farm. My dad names everything)

Jen Craun said...

Totally with you on the door -- such a lovely punch in the sea of sumptuous dark!

Erin Lang Norris said...

oooooh my god. if you go through with this and come out with a black barn as gorgeous as one of these, i might have to sell my house and do the same.

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

WOWZAs is right! Ok, I say you buy it!:)
XO,
Sarah

Kristen said...

Are they black or navy blue? I love the red door!

ladaisi said...

Oh it is breathtaking! Motivation enough!

Ladaisi Blog

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Gorgeous, right? Black or navy blue...either is fine in my book. I love it. Anna, I like the idea of naming everything. You'd have to help me think of a name. :)
xo,
A

my name is ish said...

I love to play pretend!

Ula Heximer said...

Red doors surely make a dark barn a head turner! That single detail would make everything so nice and appealing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...