1.14.2011

Roulette...

vintage toy
When we were little, my best friend had a wooden apple game that had belonged to her grandmother when she was little. Emily (my best friend) and I played with it for hours and I have fond memories of spinning the little roulette wheel and placing bets on the ponies. Occasionally we'd up the ante, using her collection of Breyer horses to entice others to partake in our miniature gambling ring. I have such fond memories of playing with that toy and had been searching for one for years to no avail. Just before christmas I finally found one on ebay, a perfect treat after all of the holiday madness. It's smaller than the one we used to play with and is missing the marble and two of the chips, but isn't it fabulous? Let the gambling begin!

vintage toy
vintage toy
vintage toy

6 comments:

andrea said...

wow this looks so nice! When my grandma was little in Spain barely anybody was rich enough to afford toys and stuff, so they mostly played with stuff they made themselves, like paper & rope balls and stuff like that :)

Linen and Tulle said...

that looks super fun and easy for the kids. I'll have to keep my eye out.

sosser said...

i've never seen anything like this and i can totally relate to how happy it makes you to have acquired one of your own. it's truly awesome :)

craftydill said...

what a wonderful vintage toy! i will definitely be keeping my eye out for one of these....

huana said...

This is so beautiful.I'll have to "force" my husband to make my one like this.I love it!

Rachel Beyer said...

Wow! That looks so neat! I'm super into collecting vintage toys and such. I especially love the apple/horse theme combo. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...