1.07.2011

The EZ E 2011...

handmade space shuttle
EZ E is on a space kick. You may recall his helmet and cardboard space ship (embarrassing photos here). At the thrift store last week, we found a copy of the book Making UFOs by Dave Ross. EZ E loved it, so we promptly set to work making our own space vehicle. We only used materials that we had on hand: an empty juice container, some cardboard for the wings, masking tape, paper mache, glue and paint. Here we are assembling the space shuttle...

handmade space shuttle
and here's the finished shuttle (that metallic tape is tricky to photograph)...

handmade space shuttle
I'm particularly fond of the flames which we, of course, made using colored masking tape. I think I could write a book about using masking tape in craft projects* (publishers, just send me an email)...

handmade space shuttle
He's been flying it around the house and I'm happy to report that it appears to be surviving after many crash landings.

*other tape projects: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

7 comments:

Marla Rae Morrison said...

Great job! It looks amazing! : )

chiara said...

fantastic!

Julie said...

Love this! Really nice work! Our papier mache seems to revolve around horses and mythical beasts. I see a cat bus or something similar in our future. Can't wait to show this to my girls for inspiration.
Wishing you a restful weekend and fast return to good health.

The Lady Nomad said...

I love it! When the tour I was on was in Florida a bunch of us got to see a nighttime shuttle launch - something about spaceships just brings out the kid everyone :)

Summer said...

I have to say, you really must be the coolest mom in the world!! I hope when my day comes to be a mother I will be as great. I will be visiting this blog for ideas. :)
Happy winter time!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, all!

Julie- I'm hoping that our projects eventually revolve around horses and mythical beasts. A girl can dream, right?

Lady Nomad- I'd love to see a shuttle launch in person. Amazing!

Summer- my 3 yr old and 1 yr old will be the first to tell you that I'm not cool at all. :) But thank you. :)
x,
Abbey

GB said...

This is SO cool--found you via seen and said... lovely blog you have here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...