1.24.2011

♥ (day 6)...

handmade valentine
20 handmade valentines in 20 days...day 6. As I mentioned on Friday, I had some trouble with this valentine. You may have heard me swearing. I discovered a couple of things about myself while making this though; I'm not much of a cross-stitcher and that I'm really not good at following patterns, even patterns that I make myself. Wowza! This was my third try and, like I said, I almost gave up, but I just couldn't bring myself to stop after hours and hours of work. Plus, my prediction is that Dala horses are going to be a big trend this year. We'll see, right? Good luck!
♥,
Abbey

handmade valentine♥ giveaway rules:
  • eligibility: open to all Aesthetic Outburst readers, worldwide
  • how to enter: leave a comment on the giveaway post (you're welcome to comment on multiple valentines).
  • entry deadline: comments will close 48 hours after initial post time
  • winner selection: winners will be chosen at random
  • winner notification: On Monday mornings, I'll announce the five winners for the week.
  • claiming your valentine: send me an email at hownowdesign (at) yahoo (dot) com with your mailing address and I'll pop your valentine in the mail! Winners must respond within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected.

46 comments:

Trix's Mix said...

Everything you attempt always so creative cute and charming! How do you do that!!! :)

kg said...

my goodness i'm in love!

jandjhome said...

Just too cute! I love all your stuff.

rosine said...

a kingdom for a horse!

Missy said...

Great work! Dala horses are always in style in Minnesota with all of the offspring of Swedish (and Norwegian) settlers.

andrea said...

I think it was worth the effort! It looks fantastic :)

Roseanna said...

Adorable!

Anne Thompson said...

I love this little Dala horse! Definitely worth the effort you put into it! I don't know how you can bear to part with it! Thanks for the chance to win! Anne, yourmainestamper

Erin said...

I adore the choices you made for which stitches to use. It's so sweet!

Joetta M. said...

seriously, where do you find the time.
So adorable as usual and I am always trying to build up my fiber collection!

felicia said...

I've noticed Dalas popping up everywhere! Love it

Kaitlyn said...

It looks so good and flawless :)

April said...

I have yet to finish any cross stitch that I ever started. So getting a finished cross stitch from you, would make my week.

Norma said...

Wonderful work. Love this.

Emma at The Marion House Book said...

You astound me with your creativity! Love it.

Laura said...

i love it!! what a cute idea for a valentine.

design something better said...

You've made the cross-stitch modern with the dark background. I'm so glad that you solidered on for this Valentine!

Stacy

ariane said...

this is really cute :) i would love to win this.

celeste said...

ooh, i like!

Jen Craun said...

GORGEOUS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combinations here, and stitches! So Sweet!

all you need is love said...

i love this!!

Kristen said...

Your hard work paid off!! Love it

With Love, Jamie said...

This is the CUTEST valentine I have ever seen! I would love to receive this adorable one!!
:)
xo, Jamie

Digital Misfit said...

It is beautiful!
I love to embroider, but I have not yet attempted cross stitch. I think I want to try my hand at a Dala horse soon!

rebecca said...

very cute!
rwvanvoorhis at gmail dot com

mama river said...

oh goodness I love this!

mary d. goldthwaite said...

I LOVE this one! Nice work.

epicet said...

Absolutely adorable. And I had completely forgotten about dala horses! I definitely had one as a child! Thanks for reminding me.

talli said...

This is so cute as well
Love the colour combination ~

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

Yay! A Valentine piñata! I imagine it's filled with Red-Hots. :)

Hana said...

So cute! I would love to put this on my wall!

kbluem said...

Awesome!!! (As always)

Futurelint said...

Awesome! I love Dala horses (even though I am Norwegian and should hate them because they are Swedish!)

Jessica said...

So creative and worth your hard work!

Patty said...

Swoon! What a sweet little guy, I'm in love!

Robin (noteverstill) said...

I love dala horses!!

Victoria said...

This is entirely great! You may have just inspired me to try my hand at cross-stitching (...for the ninth time!) !

Jacque Nodell said...

So so cute! I love it against the dark background!

Valeria said...

This is so adorable!

Bea said...

my favourite so far....!
just bought some embroidery hoops at the thrift shop today..will try and make one myself..

Andrea said...

Toooooooooo Cute! Do you see how many extra o's it got? Totally deserves it:)

mamafabun said...

You're so good!

Thanks!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thank you, everyone! Best of luck! xo, Abbey

-------COMMENTS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR THE GIVEAWAY---------------------------------

emily said...

SO SO SO SAD i JUST missed this. good luck to all and if you feel like passing it on to me then i will be eternally grateful. karlek, emily.

juniper Grace said...

Well if this isn't just the cutest thing!

Karly Fae said...

dang, a day late and a post short ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...