1.04.2011

Chair junkie...


I will be the first to admit that I habitually (and needlessly) search for chairs on craigslist. A few weeks ago, much to PRH's dismay, I emailed a guy about a free (FREE!) plycraft lounge chair that he had posted. We emailed back and forth several times to arrange pick-up and it dawned on me that I was emailing PRH's office mate from the small university art department where he works. PRH shares an office with the chair guy! So now, not only was I was making poor PRH drag home yet another lounge chair (see exhibits A and B), but I had outed myself and my massive chair addiction to his co-worker. Completely fake water cooler conversation:
    Co-worker 1: What is with PRH's wife?! I think she has a serious problem.
    Co-worker 2: No kidding! Did you see all of those chairs that she's made him drag home?!
    Co-worker 1 (again): I have one word for someone like that: issues!
But guess what, fake co-workers 1 and 2? I'm not the only one who loves the chair...



Now I'm off to finish rearranging the living room while a certain baby girl spins in her favorite new chair. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

Nice! I bought a fake with hideous tan vinyl off craigslist a while back and *just bought* a bunch of leather hides for next to nothing off eBay. I have a couple projects I'm wrapping up, then the chair gets a new life. Yours is so pretty!

Linen and Tulle said...

So lucky! I love chairs but have absolutely no where to put any. I have one that I LOVE being used as a bed rail so the little one doesn't fall out of bed. And I have to leave a wonderful one behind that was only $7 because I had no space. (insert sad face here)

Sarah Jane said...

I can't believe you got that for free! I must say...I share your addiction, but husband is too strict with me to act upon it! I just love chairs for some reason! Great find.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Renee, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

L + T- :( sad face, indeed. :)

Sarah Jane- I'm glad someone shares my love of chairs. They're just so versatile! You'll have to sneak them in when he's not looking. :)
x, Abbey

The Hidden LIst said...

FREE??? OMG! What a lucky girl you are! I got one similar (with darker leather) for $300 and I thought I had gotten a steal. Congrats!!

Tammy said...

That was free!? Score.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...