1.28.2011

Best year yet...

party
When life gives you lemons...use them to make lemon glaze for your sugar cookies, right? Our lovely friend, Rachael of Pistachio Press, turned 30 yesterday...and caught the flu. Rachael, her husband Jake, and our dear friend Kris were planning to have a slumber party at our house last night (we live 3 hours apart), but the flu hit and our poor Rachael had to stay home in bed. She and Jake have a busy week ahead of them at the NYIGF. As I mentioned earlier, yesterday was also EZ E's last day of preschool, so we parlayed the streamers and cookies into a happy party for EZ E. He was SO thrilled! And as it turns out, my words to my favorite just-turned-thirty-year-old are the same as my words to my favorite three-year-old: this is going to be your best year yet! Happy birthday, Rach, and happy end of preschool, EZ E. I love you both.

party
party
party
party
party
party

16 comments:

Joslyn said...

those cookies make me happy on so many levels.

awesome.

Patti B said...

this has been my theme since Jan. 1st.
Both that 2011 is going to be the best year yet and party.... hooray :) those cookies are so fun!

erin said...

Aw! That's too bad that your friend is sick & couldn't make it! :( You are such a great pal to have done all this fun stuff for her!

My husband made me cupcakes for my birthday yesterday & I mad little party flags for them. Thought about you & wished that I had some colored tape to use!

Elizabeth said...

oh my goodness. what a fun celebration! and good job improvising on the person of honor when the birthday girl couldn't make it. This way your friend AND your son get to feel so loved by your creativity!

katielicht said...

whoa! those cookies! those streamers!! I love it all.

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

The dogs are watching me cry reading this. You're such an awesome friend and a slumber party with you and Kris was the thing I most wanted for my birthday. It will happen soon though! Love you!

Linen and Tulle said...

Wonderful cookies, I don't know how you have time to do it all. Did you just add food coloring to the icing?

Laurie in Georgia said...

So cool!
How, oh, how did you attach the streamers to the wall? Painter's tape?
Hope your friend feels better soon...sounds like you all should do a do-over when she turns 30 years 1 month old!

Kaitlyn said...

This is a really lovely idea :) the cookies are so wonderful looking!

la la Lovely said...

I adore the cookies. pretty and so smart!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks so much, everyone!
Rach, we'll make time for a slumber party asap!
Linen and Tulle, I made the frosting (confect. sugar and lemon juice) and then added food coloring in small increments until I got the colors I wanted.
Laurie, I attached the streamers with double-sided tape. :)
x,
Abbey

nicki said...

cuteness! i think you just might be the best mom in the world...

Rowena said...

Excellent cookies!

ckscribbles said...

Them cookies are so divine! The party that you threw is perfect!

xo
Christine

molly said...

those cookies, those streamers! oh my.

tammy said...

so happy to find your blog via joslyn. such darling cookies -- genius.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...