12.20.2010

Oh my deer...


You got a glimpse of my deer collection last week, but I thought I'd share a more detailed view. This is another collection that I only put out during the holidays. The solid blue bambi all the way to the right is the newest addition. Hmmm...solid blue bambi...band name, anyone?


This broken legged little beast is my fave...



Did you happen to notice the craft disaster smack dab in the middle (below)? A miniature deer glued to a wine cork with a plastic dove thrown in for good measure. Let's close our eyes for a moment and imagine the thought process behind this thing...
    "What to make, what to make? I have TONS of corks and all of those leftover wedding doves...oh, my relatives are going to just LOVE this!"
I'm not ashamed to admit that I do love it. Very much. Not really. The deer is super-glued to the cork and I can't get it off.

12 comments:

Christine said...

I love that! All those birds on the branches are great.

Amy said...

Hilarious! And your collection is stunning--I'd leave it out all year...:o)

Moe said...

So cute! I would love to have one of those deer :)

Great collection...feels like a full forest lol

Sloppop Yeah said...

love it! i also have a deer collection, when you take a glimps at my blog (http://sloppopyeahblogt.blogspot.com) you will find them there (hidden in older posts ;-))
have a lovely day! grtz, liesbeth

ladaisi said...

This is so sweet!

I actually have the largest buck and doe in your collection. The same company that created them also designs a series of animals. When I was a kid, I called them "glass animals" and I saved all my loose change so I could build my collection. I have an entire shoe-box full.

I also have the baby deer to that set - and, surprisingly, it is my favorite and it also has a broken leg.

We have much in common, I think.

Your collection is lovely. It reminds me of Bambi.

- Lauren

Ladaisi Blog

mama river said...

Oh I just love your deer collection. I have an orange animal collection that consist of a few plastic deer. However my absolute favorite little animal is a little deer that is missing a few parts and has a great scare across his neck. Thanks for sharing your collection. It somehow gives me the feeling that mine, which is staged in our guest bathroom is not too strange.

jackie kersh said...

awesome collection!

cristin said...

...And not to mention the lovely cabinet it is all setting on....love that color!

Anna said...

I love this collection! I just started collecting deer a few months ago (we moved into a house where deer frequent the backyard so it only seemed natural). They are my new favorite thing to hunt for at the thrift store!

Belle said...

Great collection!

Addis said...

I think the deer bring balance to the colorful birds above and the bright curio below. Both collections are fantastic!

Asa said...

lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...