12.30.2010

Kicky's quilts...


You may remember Kicky's collection of breyer horses (agreed...perhaps not the most age-appropriate collection for our one year old). Well, she received a bunch more that I found on etsy (I couldn't help myself) and, a few nights before christmas, I had the genius idea to make miniature horse blankets for all of them. It was at that point, with my hair in an uproar, my eyes rimmed in the loveliest shade of red, and with my eyebrows screaming for attention, that PRH said,
    "For real? Miniature horse blankets?! Hmmmm. There's something about you, hon. You're just kind of...um, different.".
Um, thanks? Different or not, I forged ahead with my plan and made nine wonky miniature horse blankets. Unlike her less-than-grateful three year old brother, Kicky loves them! She tries to put them on her head and carries the whole stack around, playing the best baby girl role very well. Score one for this mama.





for scale...

12 comments:

cheryl.andrey said...

These are crazy awesome. When I was little I had miniature horses and I would have LOVED to have something like this for them.

Becky said...

Words can not express how much I LOVE these! Fantastic idea!

compulsively compiled said...

Very well done!

Nancy said...

OK...I wouldn't say you're "different" per say. I'd go with you just need any excuse you can latch on to to make something. And there are many people in this world who get that;) Rock on mini blanket maker:)

well-crafted said...

Oh my gosh--fantastic!!

Belle said...

I used to make blankets and clothes for my daughter's dolls. My youngest kept one of hers and gave it to her daughters to play with.

marisa said...

yummy! i'm so glad you're different.

katemakes said...

different is just another way to say creative. love the blankets - especially the hudson's bay blanket. i went crazy with making clothes and bedding for my daughter last year and got much the same reaction as EZE's. but she now loves it all and i love finding the doll in different outfits so i know she appreciates it all.

Paulette said...

Gorgeous. Uhm, are you sure you don't want to adopt me?

jackie kersh said...

you are one dedicated mama! those are adorable.

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

I wish I was a mini horse :)

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! Paulette, sure! Rach, I also wish I was a mini horse. What a coincidence. :) x, Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...