12.02.2010

Holiday idea...


As I was unpacking all of our holiday decorations the other day, I was surprised to find that Kicky and EZ E don't have stockings. Instead of throwing stockings together, I seized the opportunity to riff on all of the cute advent calendars I've been seeing online. I especially like this one (a manageable DIY?). My approach, however, is considerably more lo-fi...I used brown lunch bags, stenciled on the numbers, and roughly colored them in with white crayon. Each bag has one little goodie that cost 2 dollars or less, like this (on sale)...


or this (sure to be annoying)...


All of the bags are stashed under our tree, ready to be opened each day.

4 comments:

ShePenguin said...

I love it! So cute.

Visual Studies Workshop said...

Where did you get that bird - Dan would LOVE that!!!!!!!xoxo

Rowena said...

that's a great idea. this is my first advent calendar, and, stupidly, I went with a new activity for the kids. Now I have to do a new activity every night before bed! Why didn't I do candy?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Rowena- I hear you! I should've gone the candy route too. :)

Kris- I can't remember where I found it. I think Home Goods, but I can't find them online. xo, A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...