12.13.2010

Harmony Club...


One of my favorite posts to read each week is Automatism's 'Buffet' post. Lori always rounds up the most interesting info and last week was no different. This article in the NY Times is so rad. What used to be an abandoned club house (the Harmony Club) is now home to industrial designer David Hurlbut. The building itself is crusty yet beautiful, and has such personality. I personally wouldn't be able to live with all of the crust, but the space itself makes me drool. Our friends currently live in what used to be a club house for the Fraternal Order of Eagles (!) and I've always loved it. You can read more about the Harmony Club here. Great find, Lori!



8 comments:

Poppy K said...

I saw this at the NY Times site and also thought the space was a little raw. Then I kept thinking about it and decided that with that much space and that much rawness/crustification I may only have to sweep up all the tracked cat litter once a month instead of every day. A good trade off, at least for me!

automatism said...

Thanks Abbey!!! Isn't it amazing? Though I agree — love this space, but I think I'd be tempted to do something about the crumbling walls if I lived there!

xo

Melissa said...

i just keep thinking of lead paint chips, but it is really beautiful to behold...

Sarah Swell Jewelry said...

Ooooooh! There's something about rustic spaces (especially ones with a good story) that takes my breath away. All I can think about is how much I'd give to make this my studio/living space!

Sarah Swell Jewelry said...

Ooooooh! There's something about rustic spaces (especially ones with a good story) that takes my breath away. All I can think about is how much I'd give to make this my studio/living space!

thedustpeddler said...

I would KILL to live in a space (albeit much, much smaller), with such raw nooks and crannies. Those chipped walls are layers of stories!

Caley said...

Wow! This place is amazing!! Yes, partly falling apart, but the rustic look with the antique details are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Round Rabbit said...

My house is ALMOST that crusty, but not quite. (well, in certain places it is...) Perhaps I should just go with it! That would make my life a little easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...