12.24.2010

20 in 20 (rejected)...


I made about 40 ornaments for my 20 in 20 challenge. Some were too similar to ornaments that I'd already made, some didn't turn out as planned, some were given as gifts before I took a photo, and some were just plain hideous (h.i.d.e.o.u.s). So, as promised, here are just a handful of the ornaments that didn't make the blog cut...otherwise known as the ten that I wouldn't have to crawl under a rock after posting.

The ornament above was made from a piece of scrap wood in PRH's studio. I was thinking about Andrew Geller's incredible buildings, but won't be quitting my day job to become an architect anytime soon (if I had a day job, that is). The four ornaments directly below were made using the same recipe we used for the trees...


The base for this one was a plain store-bought ornament that EZ E thought looked like a snowman. Apparently, he thinks a lot of things look like snowmen. We jazzed it up with some felt and puff paint (my go-to craft materials)...


I found this disaster of a wreath at the thrift store for 25 cents, took it apart, and made a mini yarn wreath inspired by Katie Runnels...


This is a miniature version of the arrows that we already made...


I'm sure you know why I didn't post these. I couldn't subject you to any more of my graph paper/security envelope madness...

4 comments:

henred5 said...

What, you feel your graph paper/security envelope madness are bad pieces?!
But I love them!
Their so abstract, almost fractal like, remind me of bubbles from blowing into a mug of water with a drop of fairy.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

No, I think they're OK- I just use graph paper and security envelopes all the time. Thanks! :) Abbey

danielle thompson said...

hi there! I LOVE what you did with my arrow tutorial and i'm completely in love with your blog and projects. :D Are you on twitter? would love to follow you! Also, feel free to add your arrow to my flickr group (i'll be changing the name today to reflect all of my DIY's): http://www.flickr.com/groups/1553368@N21/

thanks!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hi Danielle!
Thanks so much for the fabulous tutorial! I'm still not on twitter- I should be, but I've been resisting. :) I'll let you know when I am. I'm off to look at your flickr group. :)
x,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...