12.23.2010

20 in 20 (day 19)...



20 handmade ornaments, 20 days...day 19. This ornament was made at the request of my mom. My parents needed a lightweight tree topper that wouldn't overwhelm their little tree. I took inspiration from the vintage horse ribbons that I used to have hanging in my studio*. The glitter is Martha Stewart's luster glass microbeads, which I've used for a few projects now. As far as glitter goes, it's pretty rad (um, did I just call glitter rad?! Pathetic.). Now that I'm looking at the photo, the glitter is a little uneven and I probably should've put on another layer. The glitter is still rad. Anyways, tomorrow is the last day of 20 in 20. Head over here to check out all of the ornaments in one spot.

*I ended up giving all of the ribbons to my former classmate, Naomi Marine, and she used them in a beautiful installation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...