11.18.2010

Stomping my feet...


Prepare yourself for a tantrum. I woke up feeling irritated this morning. Why do I feel irritated? We had an appointment tomorrow morning to look at an adorable little house with a big (but manageable) yard, a carriage house rental apartment in the back, all within walking distance of EZ E's and Kicky's (potential) future school, excellent restaurants, cute shops, and decent coffee/chai tea lattes. I was super excited and really thought that this could be the one (I sound love-sick, don't I?). You'll notice 'was excited' is past tense. Our realtor emailed to say that the house sold within two days to a cash buyer. Arrrrggggghhhhhhhh! I know, I know...we should just be patient and the right house will come along...blah, blah, bladdity, blah. I know all of this, but I'm still stomping my feet and swearing. I guess I'll settle for drowning my sorrows in these little houses and dreaming of living on a street that looks like the one above (source unknown- if you know, please let me know so I can provide proper credit). The images below were found via ms & r ltd...


NY Times...


remodelista...


fine little day...


tracy stone architecture...


and NY Times...

6 comments:

Emma said...

Thank you so much for posting these!! its exactly what i'm doing my project at Uni on at the moment

Aron said...

Its such a hard process!
That first shot is really incredible. I want to live there too!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Sucks Abb! Hopefully it just means that you'll find something better in the long run. But I totally understand your frustration!

compulsively compiled said...

That's so frustrating. Houses are hard to get over. Hang in there.

pinkshirtsandcarwrecks said...

BUMMER! That happened to us when we were looking at houses - a perfect little house one block away from Minnehaha Falls, the owners would only show it Tuesdays and Thursdays and it sold the weekend it was listed. We had our realtor call on Friday, couldn't see it until Tuesday and it was sold on Sunday somehow. Jerks.

I'm still a little bitter, but we love our house that is still in the same area (and a block away from the creek that runs into the falls), so it's all good.

You will find the one!

Amsterdam Housing said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along . I thought i would leave my first comment . , I have enjoyed reading. Nice Blog , I will keep visiting.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...