10.05.2010

Wabi-sabi...





Our friends live in an incredible historic home in a beautiful little town. The house itself is old (by American standards, at least), so it does have its share of wonkiness...crooked cabinets, floors off level, and an odd wall here or there. My friend and I were talking about the house this weekend and about accepting, and even celebrating, the imperfections...whether they be in a building, a chair, or ourselves. Here are a few images from skona hem that do just that. Wabi-sabi, baby.

8 comments:

Beaner said...

I love these photos, even more I love the whole idea and meaning of wabisabi...definitely something I feel most women should wrap their minds around when it comes to ourselves :)

Anna said...

this is how I feel about my mom & dad's 100 year old farmhouse! the love the wonky bits!

cuteseas said...

this place looks magical! i love it

x

landofcuteseas.blogspot.com

Mamabear said...

the lantern on the wall! Gorgeous!

Belle said...

I love the sand and rocks in glass, as well as everything else.

Trix's Mix said...

So charming...so beautiful!

Lauren said...

I <3 Wabi-Sabi anything ... and this home is a delicious dream. Thanks for sharing this post. P.S. I love your blog.

dos besos! x.

Nookie Doodle said...

Love the rustic dining table!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...