10.07.2010

Junior techie...


EZ E is mildly obsessed with our MacBook...he calls it the 'puter'. When it's closed he sits at my desk and pretends to type, which is always interesting. He usually talks while "typing", so we get a play-by-play of his typical workday and get to hear all about his interesting list of clients. We had an empty box of printer paper laying around, so I decided to surprise him with a MacBook of his own. To say that he's thrilled would be an understatement. He's been typing up a storm and carrying his 'puter' everywhere. I put alphabet and number stickers on the keys to help him learn his letters and numbers. Here's his new 'puter sitting on my desk...


EZ E's desktop is a bunch of small stickers, including a spiderman sticker to send an email directly to his favorite super-hero...


A close-up of the keys, made using masking tape...


And the back. We didn't have an apple sticker handy, so we just went with a tree...


Cardboard toys are my fave. Do you have a favorite handmade gift?

21 comments:

Beaner said...

WOW I am SO impressed. Your craftiness knows no ends huh? Your kids are lucky!

MagicMarkingsArt said...

you homemade computer is the cutest, and smartest, mother-made invention ever. totally cool and on the happy side of inexpensive.

Catherine said...

That is super awesome! I wish I had something cool like that when I was little!

...My favorite home-made toys were wands that I made with paper, tape, dead markers, and some cardboard taped on top. They were my version of the wands used in my favorite t.v. show!

...but my mom didn't make them for me. I made them for myself...so they were probably not as awesome as this laptop. lol

Emily said...

SO cute! Great idea and execution- EZ E is a lucky little dude:)

My momma used to make us ships, cars, planes, you name it- out of big old cardboard boxes that she'd salvage from behind a local appliance store. She definitely set the bar high!

susan heggestad said...

GENIUS!

The Vintage Cabin said...

Awesome! What a great idea. I may make one of these for my niece & nephew. :)

jen said...

this is such a smart and creative toy. i love it : )

Chubby Piggy: said...

This is beyond adorable. The best toys aren't necessarily the most expensive ones and your craftsmanship is fantastic.

Nancy said...

That is so awesome! What a lucky little boy you've got:) My favorite handmade toy was a magic wand that my mom made by covering a foam star in this intensely thick layer of glitter. It rocked!

The Stapelia Company said...

Holy smokes that is adorable! I bet he loves it. I wish I had Spiderman's email address... ;)

claro mensajes said...

This is so awesome i wish i could ne do things like you.

Mandy said...

so very cute!!!xxx

Joel Henriques said...

Holy cow Abbey, this is awesome!

Anonymous said...

You"re laptop is a hit!

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/diy/make-a-mini-mac-for-your-munchkin-aesthetic-outburst-129031

Mia said...

can you tell us how to do this? :) is the silver duck tape? Thank you!

Anna said...

you win creative mom of the year award!! now you should make iphones too & sell them on etsy!!

oh & my favorite homemade toys always involved huge cardboard boxes brought home from my grandparents bar & grill.
we made tvs... Pepsi probably owes me $$ after the amount of commercials I did for them in that tv.

Trix's Mix said...

I love making stuffed felt hearts as gifts. But wish I was more creative...this blog does inspire me to do new and more crafting! Thanks for all your sharing Aesthetic Outburst!

Dar said...

Brilliant, & absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Omg it's awesome I love it!

Susan Selk said...

What a cool idea. My granddaughter would take an old keyboard and prop up a box and type away. Now she wants the real deal at 5.

Irena@ The Stepford wife said...

My girls are also obsessed with the typing on our laptops, so I made one for them out of a candy box, you can see it here http://stepfordska-supruga-en.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-cardboard-laptop.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...