10.12.2010

House envy...


We live just outside of Owego (not to be confused with oSwego), New York, a lovely little town filled with beautiful houses. My house-envy kicks into high gear everytime we pass through, so I thought I'd share a few houses in Owego that I'm particularly in love with. The house above is pretty much my ultimate. It's gorgeous, it's not a complete behemoth, it's steps from coffee shops and our favorite toy store, and has an incredible carriage house in the back. Hello, perfect! This farm (directly below) is so tidy and the little details kill me...take a look at how that chimney is painted...


I've always loved brick houses and this one is no exception. I dream of double front doors at night...


This farm is PRH's dream farm. It's beautifully maintained and has about 900 barns, which adds significantly to PRH's love...


I've wanted to live in this house since I was a little girl. I still think it's fabulous, but after I took this photo, it made me wonder when our electrical system will be wireless...


This house isn't in Owego (it's in Ithaca) but it was too cute not to share...


Owego was voted Budget Travel's coolest small town in 2009. You can see more photos here.

14 comments:

Emily said...

The fifth one down is like my DREAM house!

Rowena said...

What a cute town! It reminds me of the Michigan town where I live now. There are so many cute enviable houses here. However, I miss NY. Is Owego in the Hudson Valley? Finger Lakes? Adirondacks?

Bethany said...

I want to go there!

And double front doors would make me buy the house. Seriously. Love!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Glad you all like. I'd say that Owego is closest to NY's Fingerlakes region...it's about 1/2 an hour south on the border of PA. :)

Trix's Mix said...

Oh well, we can't all live in these delightful places but you seem to be able to bring light to the dullest room and are able to beautify every corner of your home. There is something in our souls that responds to and craves for beauty and this blog brings me cheer to even the dreariest of days. Thanks so much for sharing your corner of the world with us 'Aesthetic Outburst'!

Shirley said...

My favorites are the third and fifth. I have a fondness for brick but then I am a traditional gal so it makes sense, right? Double doors are the ultimate! Great post. See my posted series "Take a Peak" at The Gardening Life
to view some of my favorites in a little town called Cold Lake just north of Edmonton, Alberta Canada. We share similar tastes, I think.

swampgirl said...

I love looking at other's people's houses ... and, of course, coveting them.

I've been through Owego! It is pretty darn cute.

jen said...

those houses are so pretty!

The KitchenMaid said...

I don't want to boast, but some of those places are sort of like OUR new house! (Well, at least, the house we are renting for an eyewatering sum). You can check it out here: http://kitchen-maid.blogspot.com/2010/10/settling-in.html

Chicklet27 said...

I love the very first one. It's picture perfect and ready for such a lovely person to put their own charm on it. Like mine. Ha.

mydesignchic said...

It looks like such a charming town...adore the red brick house!!

Νικόλαος Βασιλικιώτης said...

Haha!Loved the coolest small town thing!

Amber said...

I live in OSwego... people confuse us with Owego periodically. :D

Beautiful houses! I too have house envy pretty regularly.

Debbie aka Sulilo देवी said...

The first one looks truly magical!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...