10.25.2010

Halloween 2010...


When I asked EZ E what he wanted to be for halloween this year, he promptly responded, "A mystery.". He's obsessed with old school Scooby Doo cartoons, so I knew where he was coming from, but was kind of stumped as far as mystery costumes go. It didn't take too long, however, to make the decision to combine his two great loves (mysteries and superheroes) and make a 'Mister E' costume. So, here's our Mister E in all of his mystery-solving glory. He's showing off his most serious superhero face above. The back of his 'Mister E' cape and helmet below...


His shoe wings are my quick and dirty take on these super rad wings by small fly. Grandma and Grandpa supplied the black Converse one stars (thank you!)...


A detail of his helmet and cape...

His arm cuffs...


Here he is showing off his mystery-solving muscles...



He loved that the E emblem could be used as an eye patch. Did I mention that Mister E is a particularly clever superhero? I think he looks pretty cute. What do you think?

I'll share Kicky's costume tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I get that beast done.

*Please note: I didn't use a pattern for this costume, so I unfortunately don't have one to share. I'm not great at sewing, so I also can't provide much advice in that department. I just kind of wing it when it comes to costumes and have found that 3 year olds don't really care.

24 comments:

Emma said...

so so so cute! Love it!

FairiesNest said...

You are amazing! What a great costume...and definitely "super" cute!

Erin said...

That is AWESOME! You have the world's coolest kid, seriously.

Kim Hambric said...

Absolutely adorable. And creative.

All of us Target off-the-rack mamas are put to shame.

All the matters in the end, is that they have a good time and gather loads of Tootsie Rolls for their chocoholic parents.

Hope Mr. E has a blast.

Abby said...

This is adorable! I love the wings on the shoes.

Silvertongue said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest costume ever. My uncle is still looking for a costume for his son, who loves superheroes (and Star Wars) so maybe I'll suggest his wife make this. ADORABLE TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!

shelley said...

amazing. i want one.

yellow hall studio. said...

So Creative! Great idea...great finished product! LOVE the shoes!

Rachael, Pistachio Press said...

Mr. E!!!! I love it :)

Patty said...

All I can say is WOW!

Anna said...

I think I want some of those shoe wings for myself! They are so dang cute!

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

That costume is the bombdiggity.

Kelly Kilmer said...

Seriously cool costume!!! *LOVE* the shoe wings.

The Lady Nomad said...

That is awesome!! I love the winged shoes and the arm bands!!!

Jessica (electropositive) said...

Holy man that's the cutest thing I've seen all day.

You know he's going to be wearing it right through the holidays and probably next year, am I right?

mama river said...

I love this costume!!! You truly are a master.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thank you all SO much! He told me today that he'd prefer to wear his spiderman costume for Halloween...argh. :) Jess, you are totally right. xo, Abbey

lookwhaticando said...

OMG
This is AMAZING.
Our daughter was SUPER MEMPHIS 2 years in a row.
I love this.

jackie kersh said...

amazing.

Catherine said...

I think that is the cutest costume ever! I want boys for every picture shown here..... Some day.

Sandi said...

saw this on pinterest, and some how linked and relinked to your blog! this is so AWESOME!!! what a lucky little guy and a crafty creative momma you are!

p.s. i just noticed your sidebar icons and it looked familiar! we both sponsored frecklewonder together, i'm ♥ your blog :-)

Katrina {calikatrina.blogspot.com} said...

I LOVE this! Just came across it on Pinterest. I just may make this for my little E for Halloween!

Cyndi said...

SO Cute! So I found this on Pinterest and followed back to your blog! I have a question for you. How did you get the wings to stick out of the arm cuffs? I'm going to try and copy the idea for my daughters costume who consequently is also an E! It's not exactly the same design but so close. I just don't know how you got it to stick out! HELP!!! If you can would you please email me back at cyndsterful@gmail.com? Thanks!

While They Snooze said...

How did I just find this now? Great project! I shared on my facebook page today :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...