10.28.2010

Carved...


In case it isn't already obvious, I am madly in love with Fall. It's when I feel the most productive and, as strange as it may sound, it's when I feel the most excited about life in general. Pumpkin-carving is one of my favorite autumnal activities and this year EZ E was really into it. Last weekend we covered our dining room table with newsprint and wrapping paper (I ran out of butcher paper) and set to work decorating pumpkins. Here are PRH and EZ E making their plans...


EZ E's plan turned out to be a bit complicated...

Kicky was our official pumpkin inspector...


This is the pumpkin that EZ E and I made while PRH carved away. Three cheers for google eyes, sharpie marker, and masking tape...

And here is the carved pumpkin lit...

and a weirdo "arty" shot to appease EZ E's weirdo mama...


What are your favorite Fall activities?

5 comments:

Dana said...

I love fall too - it is the season of my favorite colors. I also just blogged recently about our pumpkin carving experience: http://dana-projectday.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkins-and-patience.html

~Marcus K. said...

There is absolutely nothing like the smell and taste of pumpkin-derived culinary creations. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin bread...even pumpkin spice. It's a shame that we tend to only celebrate the pumpkin in the autumn.

Sass said...

I have always wanted to make a jack-o-lantern but never done it. You have inspired me! I am totally going to do it this year!

littlewinterbride said...

love fall. Halloween is my absolute favorite. Such fond memories when I was little. Carving pumpkins and watching scary movies! Living overseas now I have to create my own little Halloween, as it is not celebrated in Italy : (

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

@~Marcus K.- I completely agree.
@Dana- that's super cute- "I don't want it to be compost!" Ha! :)
@Sass- did you try it???
@littlewinterbride- your own little Halloween is the way to go. :)
xo,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...