10.29.2010

Big boy bedroom...


I'm not sure what's taken me so long, but I've finally started pulling EZ E's bedroom together. I'm not completely finished, but thought I'd share a quick peek anyways. It's interesting to see how his bedrooms have evolved over the last three years (here and here are his previous rooms). Here are the details for this room: the dog painting and gigantic tin are from a local antiques store, the dresser is from our local thrift store, the rug is from Urban Outfitters, the Eames rocker was a baby shower gift from my best friend, the curtains are from Pier One, the lamp is from Target, and that little desk came from our friend Ken. EZ E and Kicky have a playroom, so we've kept the bedroom pretty toy-free, with the exception of a few beloved favorites...

Looking from the hallway into EZ E's room...


Our friend Kris gave us the lovely framed vintage wallpaper...


And, lest you think I'm some sort of rotten mama who won't let her kid pick out anything, I present you with EZ E's crazy bubble car bed...



He loves that big, smiling beast and it was the only way we could get him to sleep in his own bed. Whatever works, right? The teepee was a gift from my parents (I think they ordered it on Amazon). The inside is a comfy nest of pillows and funky afghans...

6 comments:

jen said...

wow that is an awesome boys room. that bubble car is beyond cute : )

ps: i'd love it if you stopped by http://lifespelledjen.blogspot.com

Dana said...

I love the tepee - I've been tossing around ideas for making one for my kid's playroom.

Kelly said...

ohhh I love the bedroom! No way am I showing my 3 year old that bed though - no doubt he'll beg for one and I think it's safe to say we probably don't have them here in NZ. I wonder if I can get him to downsize his toy collection a bit more so we can squeeze a teepee into the play room - wishful thinking?

Great work - I love his previous rooms too

Laurie Jones said...

That's about the sweetest boys room I've ever seen, a little bit of mama and a little bit of baby!! That car is a riot!!

chiara said...

such a great room! and the car bed is actually not even that bad looking, right? at least it's not Lightning McQueen or Thomas or some other commercial character. I love it!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

You're all very sweet!
@Dana- I didn't make this teepee, but I've seen some that folks have made and they're beyond cute. Share photos if you give it a try!
@Chiara- agreed. I was so relieved that we found this one. :)
xo,
Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...