9.07.2010

Old school...


PRH always says he could live in a cardboard box. I, on the other hand, could not and am convinced that PRH will be pleased someday when he's settled into a comfortable chair with a beer on our future, non-cardboard porch (you're welcome in advance, PRH). I'm starting to think that we should live in a renovated schoolhouse. There's a gorgeous example in this month's issue of Country Living (I'll scan it asap) and here are a few other alternatives. What do you think? The image above is from Country Living and the images below are from csaa...


fly through our window...


here...


holiday rentals and here...


and you can have a drink at this one...

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Renovated school houses have a lot of potential, but I have to say that if I was planning on living in a re-purposed building, I'd look for a renovated/re-purposed church or chapel. While just as spacious as schoolhouses can be, churches tend to have those gorgeous high ceilings, whether they be gable roofs, or vaulted.

Summer said...

Wow, I never thought of that before, but it would be awesome to live in an old schoolhouse!

acornsandapples said...

I loved that picture when I saw it in CL, and I am not at all surprised that you did too! Love the rest of the school houses you found here, too. Your blog is one of my favorites, Abbey. I look forward to every update! :) Aimee

Jane Flanagan said...

I love these. I've always wanted to live in a converted church or schoolhouse. Such a great idea!

ladaisi said...

This is so sweet - I especially love the first white one! I love looking at old renovated buildings that have been turned into homes...and of course dreaming about when/if I'll ever be able to afford renovating anything other than my silverware drawer.

Mary Kate McDevitt said...

I love the idea of the converted schoolhouse. That first one is so lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...