9.13.2010

Costumed...

owl costume
owl costume
owl costume
It's that time of year again...Halloween costume prep. I've been getting a lot of emails recently about EZ E's owl costume from last year and shark costume from the year before (thank you, all!). I didn't use a pattern for either and am being completely genuine when I say that I do not have the best sewing skills. The owl costume was based on this mask and this rough sketch may help a bit if you're trying to make that costume. His shark costume was based on this one. I wish I knew someone who made patterns. Has anyone ever had patterns made?

13 comments:

Mamabear said...

amazing! this is my first halloween as a mom. I really wanted to make my son's costume but time got the best of me! I guess I have many more ahead of me!

sosser said...

you are so amazing and your children are adorable, abbey! you might find a pattern maker thru etsy :)

tenax_technologies said...

Your children are adorable.

software company

katieanna said...

I love this it's beautiful.

Bouncin' Barb said...

Brings back lots of memories of my son. I never bought a costume for him. Always got creative. He was a devil, chef, punk rocker, wizard, vampire and clown. Loved it.

Evelyn Campbell Curtis said...

Very cute! I love it!

Shirley said...

Well, I think you are incredibly talented! No pattern at all! Genius!

Anna said...

This costume is adorable! I would want to wear it everyday if I were child.

Kathryn Hansen said...

check out craigslist in your area..i've seen people advertising it here in the LA area.

Rapunzel's Wish said...

LOVE your ideas!! - I've done a couple costumes with felt before, but often use it as an addition sewed/tacked onto sweat pants and shirt (have done a Care Bear one year, and Snoopy's BFF Woodstock), but mine looked much more simple than these - I'm so inspired to be more detailed with ours after seeing your work! Such Fun! Thank you for sharing!! :D

Laura said...

this is adorable!
best handmade costume I've ever seen bless!

Summer said...

Your kids are beautiful!! What cute ideas for costumes. I love Halloween so much; it's my favorite holiday.

杨光 said...

Love your blog.Your son is cute and you are a competent mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...