8.02.2010

Going to seed...


I mentioned recently that I planted morning glories in our front flower beds. Well, I'm happy to report that they're not taking everything over and they look great. This is the first year that we've grown anything, so I let a lot of weeds grow in our front flower bed because I didn't know if they were flowers or not. A few were flowers, but most were not, so I spent part of Sunday weeding, pulling out copious amounts of purslane, and planting some perennials that were on sale at our local farmers market. It's August (can you believe that?) and it's finally starting to look decent. Now I just have to get a decent photo.

*photo from Sunset

2 comments:

black cat said...

hi abbey - did you know that you can eat purslane? it is high in omegas, and sweetly delicious. you may want to try it in a salad if you are lucky enough to have this "weed" in your garden - SOOO good for you! enjoy, chella

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Our friend Ken told us that but I never worked up the nerve to taste it. Next year for sure bc the seeds are so tiny and went everywhere! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...