7.22.2010

Dreaming on...


I love the idea of a weekend party barn. PRH and I (OK...mostly I) have come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with our whole country mouse/city mouse debate is to own two properties, one in town and one in the middle of nowhere (yes, I'm fully aware that this may never happen, but let's pretend that it's possible). Here are a few beautiful barns that I found that you may like too. The top image was found via la maison charmante and the images below are from country living...


bloomerism (I clipped this same photo from Country Home magazine a million years ago)...


bloomerism...


diy weddings...


and DC by Design...


All of these images are lovely, but the third image from the top (originally from Country Home) is the one that best captures the look I like (I'll hunt down the article I clipped and scan it). A clean, minimal party barn...perfection.

4 comments:

Julie Sadler said...

we are planning on being married at the Windfall Dutch Barn. Thanks for these sweet pix!
a fellow upstate NYer

HannahB. said...

One of our dreams as well! We'd love to build a cantilever barn 1st with an apartment on top that could be a party barn after we build a 'real' house :)

Where My Heart Is said...

Yes I too love the thought of a big barn party.. people can spill their wine or drop their crumbs and who care...right!

Lori said...

ha!! i clipped and saved that CL party barn article, too. i have no idea where it is, though. LOVED it.

and now i live in a barn...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...