6.30.2010

The woodchuck whisperer...


After almost ten years as a couple, I discovered something new about PRH. My husband is the 'woodchuck whisperer'. Our little garden has been inundated with woodchucks this week and PRH has been having a serious grown-up meltdown. His plan was to borrow a havahart trap from my parents, catch the little veggie-eaters, and then release them on a friend's farm (far far away from our garden). In just two days he's already caught and released two! Apparently they love carrots...and they're dumb. In honor of clear evidence that PRH is much smarter than a woodchuck (not that I had any doubts), I did a little groundhog round-up. The print above is from yee haw and the images below are from ismoyo...


the split stitch...


rough and perfect...


and wee knit...

3 comments:

Roseanna said...

Can your whisperer come to Rochester? We have tried the neighbors trap and we only caught a frightened bunny. Now it would seem there are babies a foot. They are eating everything. My husband is a real sap and decided to give up. He also feeds the chipmunks for our indoor cats amusement. They come up to the porch door and eat right in front of them!

Poppy K said...

That's so nice that PRH is using Havahart traps - most people just shoot 'em. I think they're kind of cute (in a chubby rodent-y way) - can you post a picture of one of the captives?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Yes, he can come to Rochester. :) We had one last year that ate through the flexible heating pipes under the house, so we had to catch them. Poppy, I'll post a photo when/if we catch another one. I think they're cute too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...