6.21.2010

Refresher...

rug before
Our doormat used to be really cute. It didn't take long for it to fade into a really ugly (but still-functional) mess. I didn't want to throw it away and I also didn't want to waste money on another one that would similarly fade into yuck, so I decided to refresh it a bit. I spray painted the whole thing black, let that dry, and then used tape to mask off a zig zag pattern.

rug during
I had some leftover gold paint from the picnic table and used that to spray the zig zags. The final result is a far cry from the fabulous original, but it's way better than faded and gross. Oh, and don't be worried...I'm now officially over the gold.

rug after

5 comments:

Diana said...

Where did you get your espadrilles? I ordered some from Spain but they're too small.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

They're actually from Target. :) Here's the link

jackie kersh said...

i have those esadrilles too!! totally in love with them. my collection of striped accessories is getting out of control lately.

kindra said...

the zigzag is awesome!

kelley@thehiddenlist.com said...

You're cracking me up! This is brilliant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...