6.07.2010

Hippie mama...


EZ E and I are going to wrap sticks today. It'll be something he can tell everyone about when he's 30: "Oh yeah, my mom used to make me wrap sticks in yarn when I was little. She's still weird." Oh well. He can say whatever he wants as long as he changes his own diaper! I digress. I saw the photo above on the small object and thought it was cute. We have a lot of sticks and we have a lot of yarn. Oh, and we have a lot of time. Here are some more wrapped sticks from brittneyheyns...


To The Outskirts {Dawn}...


and kirstievn...


What are we going to do with the wrapped sticks? Good question. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

8 comments:

willywagtail said...

I think it is great doing 'outside the square' things with your children. Helps their creativity and widens their vision. Cherrie

Erin Curry said...

oh I love the blue sticks.
I spent an entire semester once wrapping entire saplings in steel wool.
http://sculptress-studio.blogspot.com/2007/11/steel-spun-and-felted.html

jan said...

i love this idea!

Christine Hoffman said...

oooohhh.
i have been completely obsessed
lately with wrapping items in yarn.
i'd love to bring over a pie and spend the afternoon eating pie and wrapping stuff in yarn.

Anonymous said...

i've been thinking about this a lot lately too.
how are you going to finish the ends? maybe post a little how to for dummies?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, everyone! Erin, who knew steel wool could look so rad?! Christine, come on over! :)

mari said...

I LOVE this idea - so simple, and yet so striking. Something I know kids are totally capable of but don't always get the chance to explore. I've featured this post at my own blog for Friday. Thanks for sharing!

http://smallforbig.com/2010/06/platodutchbike_yarncrafts_juimedolls.html

Nancy said...

I love these!
"Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable" - African proverb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...