5.07.2010

Vultures...




Close your eyes and imagine standing in line with a pack of wild dogs waiting for raw meat. We went to a few church rummage sales this week and that's exactly what it felt like. Oh my was it a frenzy! The lines outside of each venue were full of toothless, smelly rummage-salers yelling, "Open the doors! Open the doors!". I wish I was exaggerating. We did leave with some goodies and, now that I'm prepared for the certain brutality of church rummage sales, I'm planning to build an obstacle course in our back yard and spend the next year teaching EZ E and Kicky to dodge in and out of spindly legs and walkers and snatch fabulous pottery off of bowed folding tables. I may even construct toothless cardboard revelers that pop up and snatch toys out of their little hands. Game on!

2 comments:

ravennagirls said...

oh those wooden letters are AWESOME!!

Eartha Kitsch said...

Ha! You've got the right idea! Those kids could score some great stuff right under the unknowing noses of the vultures. Perhaps you could hoist them through windows before the sales even open. Maybe I should have kids. This is sounding like a plan. :)

I sent my husband to an estate sale for me this morning and he reported back that there were so many people fighting for things that it was like "worms wiggling for room in mud". Apt description.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...