5.21.2010

Old school markers...



Our need for plant markers is seemingly never-ending and, as you've seen here and here, I've been having fun making them. Every September I go a little crazy buying clearanced school supplies. I spent 10 cents on this pack of pencils (we'll never need pencils again) and realized that they'd make perfect, cheap plant markers. I just wrapped a little wide masking tape around each pencil, cut it into a flag shape, and used sharpie marker to write the name of the plant. I didn't, but you could sharpen the end of the pencil to make it easier to push into soil (don't worry, pencil lead is not actual lead...it's clay and graphite). They're double-sided, so you could also write more info about the plant (perennial, annual, etc) and they'll last until September when you can buy more cheap pencils.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...