5.27.2010

Heirloom toys...


My sweet and talented husband comes from a long line of similarly talented (and sweet) crafters/artists. Case in point, this counting book that his grandmother made when he was a little boy. His aunt thought EZ E and Kicky would enjoy it and gave it to us last weekend. Well, both EZ E and PRH are smitten. It doesn't do anything; no sounds, no blinking lights, no karate chopping action (yes, I'm talking about you, Buzz Lightyear) and EZ E loves it. This book is the perfect example of why I like handmade. It was played with and loved when PRH was small and is now being played with and loved by another generation. Three cheers for crafters! Oh, and three cheers for felt and pom poms while we're at it!



8 comments:

jodi said...

how wonderful!

laurie in georgia said...

What a treasure! Thanks for sharing...

Patty said...

I love this! Please show us more pages!

John Brown Rose said...

WOW it's in amazing condition!!!!!! What a treasure to be able to pass that down the line! I remember we had something similar my mum made - but have no idea where it is now?! Tragedy!

punk rock michelle said...

very cool!

3 sous un parapluie said...

Love this counting book !!!

Shannon said...

I would love to see more pages so I could create something like this with my kids

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Hey everyone! I posted the remaining pages of the book today. Check it out if you get a chance. :)
x, Abbey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...