5.20.2010

Collected...


I have a sort of freak obsession with expanding wooden sewing boxes. I have one that I use on my desk to hide little notebooks, tape, post-its, and all the other nasty little bits that tend to clutter up a desk without drawers. It's handy, it's red...awesome. After seeing this photo from knitalatte11 I'm starting to like the basket-y type too. Here's the deal though: an obsession with sewing baskets? For real?! I'm thirty-three years old, not ninety. I've talked about my quick progression into old lady before. I need someone to kick me in the head. Just come over (I'll make drinks), kick me in the head, and I'll return to my normal thirty-three-year-old, basket/tea towel-oblivious self, okay? Or maybe I need to just embrace it...aaggghhhhhh!!! There's my inner-old lady talking again!

4 comments:

Rowena said...

I will come over. I will bring the sherry (that's my favorite drink) and my embroidery, maybe some granny squares.

We can have a grand old time talking about the good old days. You know, the 80s. The 90s. The aughts.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks, Rowena! Yes, please do. :)

John Brown Rose said...

Embrace the old lady!!!! I think your collection is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

TV said...

I adore all these things and I am nineteen ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...