4.30.2010

To do...


I've been talking a lot lately about simplified color palettes and have admitted that, although I like the theory, I always tend to dress our house in more and more color. When is it too much though? Our mish mash of furniture just isn't working for me anymore (not that I want all matchy matchy). I'm going to start off by upholstering the small ottoman and the couch in navy and go from there. I'm also going to do some de-cluttering today and hope that it'll make me feel a little less spastic. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Your house looks great! You might send me into a "navy" obsession. My favorite pic is the navy dresser and the Susan B. Anthony print....LOVE IT!

Nicole said...

I love de-cluttering days. Even though it's hard work, I always feel so refreshed and accomplished when I'm done. Do you reupholster yourself? I would love to learn...anyway happy de-cluttering!

Christine Hoffman said...

de-cluttering always makes me feel like I can deal.
good luck.

sharpiegirl said...

my kids used to always joke that our house looked like clown threw up in it because i was always trying to get the color palette correct on the walls with an oddly open floor plan. i am in a minimalist phase too and have muted myself down to sages and browns, less dust collectors and new carpeting and hardwoods. its starting to feel better, now if i could only clean out my bedroom clothing closet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...