4.30.2010

This weekend...


I waited tables and tended bar for YEARS and have been having restaurant nightmares almost every night lately. In most of them I just can't keep up with the number of tables or with demanding customers and, in some of them, I'm waiting tables without any teeth (one of my fellow waitresses was toothless at one classy establishment). These nightmares are usually an indication that I've been feeling a little overwhelmed and anxious. I also tend to have them when I've been away from the studio for a long time. So, my plan for this weekend is to slow down. No re-upholstering anything. No cleaning or de-cluttering after today. Back porch, long walks, red wine, good food, and stars...that's the plan. What's your plan for this weekend?

*photo by Hanna L.

5 comments:

Marshmallow Beanie said...

Sometimes when I read people's blogs I find I have the very same experiences, am doing very similar artworks or some other weird coincidences. I too used to have those dreams - I was a waitress also!!! So funny. Now that I am an art teacher in a high school I dream that I am standing in front of the class and have nothing to say or can't control the kids. Thanks heaps for your post - made me smile. And that photo is unbelievably beautiful!! This weekend I am sleeping off the stress so and relaxing.

Happy weekend to you too!

All the best,
Sally

Vivi said...

pretty pretty picture!

sharpiegirl said...

I too, served and tended bar for EVER, and still have those dreams-I'm an art teacher now too like your other poster, it must be a sense of anxiety about upcoming events, end of the schoolyear or something. This weekend has already been mapped out for me, have to tape off and paint bedrooms, which means also lots of cleaning and moving furniture. Would rather be doing what you have planned!! Great picture you posted, I'll keep it in my head as we are running all the errands today...thanks!!

Lolo said...

Great picture!!
I'm going to the garden centre tomorrow to buy some bits to make a terrarium!

www.loloholmes.tumblr.com

ampersandity said...

sorry about your bad dreams :[ the same thing happens to me when i'm really stressed/anxious in life. glad you're taking time to slow down & take it easy -- your body's telling you that you need it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...