4.14.2010

Green with...




Some days I feel like it's nearly impossible to be productive (in the way I thought I used to be) with two babies. Cortney and Robert Novogratz, the founders of Sixx Design, have seven children and are ridiculously productive. Their homes have been featured in practically every magazine imaginable and I'm just plain jealous. J-E-A-L-O-U-S in all caps. You can read a short interview with them here and take a look at their book here. They're also the stars of a show on Bravo called 9 by design. That's just too much awesomeness. Please stop!

5 comments:

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

They seem pretty amazing. I have a heard enough time getting something done in the day and I only have a dog and a cat. But seriously, people are different. I've found that it's pointless (and harmful) to compare yourself to others, even though the internet can make it very tempting.

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

You're totally right. :)

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All said...

...HARD enough time...
But I'm sure you knew what I meant. :)

Anonymous said...

PULEEZ don't be jealous of these people. According to articles Vanity Fair and the Village Voice, I believe the husband is from a very wealthy family with both hedge fund and philanthropic interests. Money allows you to accomplish anything, even seven children.

It's a REAL feat if you're one of the plebes like me!

Amy said...

Abbey, I just watched the first installment of their show last night and came away with the distinct impression that their 7 kids are a total afterthought to them. Especially the father. Who names their child "Five" just because it's the fifth child? He was far more concerned about the ugly and over-priced siding for their new home than he was about finding them an adequate place to live for 3 months with a brand new baby! I was pretty flabbergasted. To each his own, but I'm very sure that your children feel more secure than theirs do...xoxo. (p.s. next week they are hiring a NANNY! That does make it a bit easier to get stuff done...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...