4.19.2010

Bright spot...


It was so rainy this weekend! One of the bright spots was a fun surprise birthday party for our friend Greg, more commonly called 'Unk Geg' in our house. I spent a considerable amount of time last week thinking that I'd be the ass that ruined the surprise, so I'm happy that didn't happen. Whew! Happy birthday, Greg! One of the other bright spots was EZ E pointing out this score at our local thrift store! I scooped it up and, after some convincing from PRH (yes, I needed a little push), we brought it home and it now lives in our bathroom. The down side of the weekend? EZ E spit in my coffee AGAIN! This time I didn't catch him in the act. I drank the damn coffee and he sweetly said, "I spit in that mommy". Oh, thanks for that. What the? Aside from leaving my coffee up higher, any helpful suggestions for a toddler who likes to spit in beverages?

6 comments:

susan heggestad said...

As a mom of two naughty boys, I can confidently say, "Be ready for the looong road ahead." But seriously, I've found that nothing works better at deterring my boys than to match them at their game - because they are constantly just pushing their limits. It's their job, after all. It's helpful to think, and act, like a little boy. Spit in one of EZ E's cups of juice while he's watching... see what he does/says. Of course, the hope is that he'll be upset, rather than amused! He's not too young to contemplate the issue of fairness.
Good luck!

Jim said...

You can fill his sippy cup with something he doesn't like and not tell him. When he makes his this is disgusting face tell him that is what happens when you spit in mom's coffee. Then again, I am not a parent. haha good luck! hope everything is well!

Poppy K said...

You could start drinking out of commuter cups with lids - that might work.

compulsively compiled said...

Love your find. It will be such fun to come up with messages for it.

A Craig said...

Those were the ONLY bright spots? Hmmmm? Really?!!!!! HMMM?!!!!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks for the advice, everyone! We're working on it. Amy, notice I said "one of the other"...although sitting at the Bcorn surrounded by weirdos while waiting for you guys was decidedly NOT a bright spot. Seeing you and the gals was though. xo, A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...