3.10.2010

Thrift score...

handmade wooden letters
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! PRH and the babies took me out to breakfast, then we hit a couple of thrift stores, had lunch at one of my favorite spots, grabbed a bottle of wine (I'm kind of obsessed with pinotage), and came home with the sun still shining. I didn't have to change a single diaper all day (thank you, PRH) and my composter arrived in the mail right after we got home. It was lovely; the perfect way to ring in my 33rd year. The score of the day? These handmade wooden letters. They're all kind of wonky and rough, but I love that sort of stuff. I also loved not changing diapers. Any tips for potty training a two year old boy?

4 comments:

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I love your letters, too! Happy, Happy Birthday! As far as potty training boys... make a game out of it. Float a cheerio and tell him to try to sink it!... worked for my son and grandson. Good luck whatever you do!.... Diaper-free days are in your future!

Shannon said...

Happy birthday Abbey! Our Emmett was potty trained at 22 months (thank god, I can't imagine having TWO in diapers!) -- we basically let him run around pantsless as much as possible, kept potties easily accessible (ikea has cheap ones, get a few), cleaned up after him constantly (never had to deal with #2 on the floor, he got that part pretty much immediately), and tried not to make a big deal out of any of it…my theory is that kids go through different periods of readiness, and we just happened to catch the first one! if EZ E isn't ready now, he'll probably be in a more favorable phase shortly…good luck!

Soon, Then said...

Make that potty seat available all the time. Have him sit in the bathroom and "read" in there with you while you, ahem, do your business, or just sit in there together while you flip through a magazine. I am also a firm believer in the power of M&Ms. We potty trained our son on them and they worked WONDERS. He would get one just for sitting on the potty for a while. Then once he had mastered going in it a bit, we only rewarded for actually DOING something in the potty. Eventually we weaned off on to stickers and then it sort of fell to the wayside as he became adept at it. Be prepared to have to be the wiper for a LONG time though. I finally stopped wiping my son when he turned 4. Yeeha! Goodluck!

me melodia said...

happee birthday.
Those letters are lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...