3.24.2010

Sucky...

vintage doll
Late yesterday afternoon PRH came rushing outside to show me Kicky's wrist, which was swollen and purplish red in color. Even though she wasn't crying and didn't seem uncomfortable, we thought she may have sprained it or had some sort of allergic reaction to something. We immediately called the pediatrician and rushed in for a visit. The prognosis? A hickey. Apparently she had sucked on her little wrist so hard that she left a little bruise. The doctor and nurses were laughing so hard...and I was mortified. Perhaps her new nickname should be 'sucky'.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Both of my children (boy & girl) have at various ages and in various places given themselves hickies. Fortunately for us, the placement and shape were a lot more obvious, so much laughter and no doctors were involved! Unfortunately, once we explained the principles involved, both were fascinated and not only gave themselves more hickies, they described the technique to their friends....

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

Oh my! What trauma! I would've done the same thing, except maybe been rendered helpless for 10 minutes while I sobbed thinking my little one was in massive pain.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...