3.18.2010

Subtle and clean...


Spring is here, my babies! And I couldn't be more excited! I woke up this morning and felt a shift in the air. I started cleaning windows yesterday and I'm going to finish the job today. Wooo hooooo! Yes, clean windows make me giddy in the dorkiest possible way. We're also changing things up in the A.O. backyard. This is the first time PRH and I have lived in a house with a decent backyard, so we're pretty psyched to get things rolling back there. I've been thinking about this backyard* with it's big minimalist planters and that wire chaise in the background. Not to mention all of the stone, the floating stair, the light fixtures, the cut-out stair, and the doorway...none of which will be happening in our backyard, but I am going for something subtle and clean. EZ E is on a rock-gathering kick, so I'm going to capitalize on that and have him help me stack rocks for a flower bed. Wish me luck.

*I think this photo came from Anna's amazing tumblr (my very favorite), but I didn't make a note of it. If you know where the image is from, please let me know so I can properly credit it.

4 comments:

our little love nest said...

I love that space!! Wishing our backyard looked like that too. Great ideas and I love the minimalist look of it. How cool is that floating step??!

Tara said...

Oh my god. Your backyard is AMAZING. So Zen. So Postmodern. So lush. Want want want.

For more on spring cleaning fun - check out my blog starting Saturday (Spring Equinox) - for the "Eco-Clean How-To Week"!

Best,
Tara
http://elanvitalanthology.blogspot.com

Anna said...

:) thanks!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

I know...that floating step is awesome, right? I wish this was my backyard, but it's not. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...