3.03.2010

Light-o-rama...


I've been particularly loving the design*sponge guest blog this week by Isabelle at Dos Family. This yarn-wrapped wire frame (below) is such a genius idea! As you can see in the photo from our house (above), this thrift store lamp came with a giant wire frame. I've since replaced it (and changed the living room around) but, after seeing this cute frame on design*sponge, I'm going to dig that thing out and tackle some yarn-wrapping. If I throw a giant bulb in there and make it into a hanging lamp I think it would look cute in Kicky's room. What do you think though? Is it the shape that makes the lamp below?

5 comments:

Helena - ROOM and SERVE said...

Love both your and Isabellas blog!

Helena - ROOM and SERVE said...

I love both your blog and Isabellas. You have great ideas!

Tara said...

it's tough to know for sure without the light being on in the photo. but yarn-wrapping can be somewhat relaxing - and with some wiresnippers - you might be able to modify the shape of the thrift lamp to one you prefer.

best,
tara

brianne said...

thats so funny, i was going to blog about that lamp "shade" on DS today too. we have a similar wire shade in our dining room and i thought that would be a great way to soften things up. Great minds think alike.

compulsively compiled said...

This post is inspiring! I have a lamp shade that has great lines but terrible fabric, this is the answer. I knew there was a reason not to just trash it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...