Too sweet...

This project by Nishat Akhtar (found via house obsession) is so sweet! Here's what she says about it:

Every second of a budding relationship feels like a tiny moment of greatness. I wanted to capture that feeling, to bring a daily pop of joy to my newly married friends Erik & Dana. Inspired by vintage slide and specimen containers, this box contains 365 tiny envelopes, each containing a note about love, excitement, or adventure, one for every day for their first year of marriage. The tiny envelopes are handmade out of vintage paper, stuffed with a little note and dotted with a blue seal.

Isn't this a great idea? It would also be a magical (and ambitious) valentine.


amy @ switz~art said...

i am in love!!!! what an amazing project!

Jeremy said...

We love Nishat's work, too, and included a piece of hers ("Distinguished Pigeon") as part of our Artists Edition series of kraft paper book covers.



Kim @ Inspired Goodness said...

Completely love this idea.

A long time ago I made a similar valentine day gift for my boyfriend, now husband inspired by prescription containers. I made a custom top to mimic the CVS label and band explaining inside was "medicine" to help lift his spirits.

On long strips of colorful paper I inscribed stories, notes, quotes and memories and rolled them up into tiny clear capsules. There were maybe 100 in all.

To this day (nearly 8 years later) the hubs occasionally empties a pocket after work and pulls a new capsule out.

It's amazing to remember something I took part in that had so much love put into it and that years later, he still gets to enjoy.

Thanks for letting me share my story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...