2.15.2010

Sweater weather...



One of my goals this year was to take advantage of the clothing I already own. I have clothing that I've never worn, but hang on to simply because it's vintage and "I'll never be able to find something like it again" (don't be scared, I'm not a hoarder). Anyways, I've always liked this mustard-colored vintage sweater, but rarely wore it and decided it was time for a little update. We have a friend who always replaces the buttons on cheap clothing and makes it look so much better. So, I replaced the thread on the buttons (from yellow to red) and then embroidered a peacock blue stitch around the edges of the buttonholes. I was going for an anthropologie-inspired look with a trendier color combo, but now, after writing this, I'm not so sure. It does look better in person. Hmmmmmm. I guess I would have given it to the thrift store anyways.

10 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh I like it! It's a very cheery, colorful update!

Elise said...

I am a big fan of this color yellow. Even though, most of the time, it doesn't look so great on me. What if you add a large felt pin?

p.s. I decided to start a new blog...check it out if you're interested. :)

http://thechirpinggirl.blogspot.com/

Paula K said...

I think it looks great and adds a unique, personal touch!

Kathy said...

Wow! I would never have thought to do this. It looks so much better. I've got to go look at all my sweaters now! Thanks for the great idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater, girl! Yellow is my signature color. I say, if you have the guts and the skin tone to wear it, wear it out baby!

Paulette said...

Abby--I think your update was inventive and very right on. It's definitely Anthropologie-ish. And I think the new buttons and the blue thread will also make it a lovely spring topper. (and if it's a large and you don't want it, send it my way. LOL)

Anonymous said...

it would look cute if you turned it into a throw pillow. buttons are already built in so the pillow can easily be removed.

Anonymous said...

no. it's good. keep it.

stacy said...

i agree - i think you did an awesome job!

wendy said...

Love the red thread especially. Fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...