2.15.2010

I'd like to know...





Today is Monday, so that means it's time for I'd like to know, a weekly post dedicated to talented artists, designers, etc...all people I'd like to know and who I thought you may like to know of too. Today I'd like to know...Richard Wright. I first saw his wall drawings in the book Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing (one of the best book purchases we've ever made). In the book Wright says, "The most important thing about the work is that it is destroyed". I've been thinking a lot about art and ephemerality lately, so that quote struck a chord. Happy Monday, everyone!

*top two images from Vitamin D: New Perspectives in Drawing

1 comment:

Mistint Mel said...

Thank you for showing this. I'd like to know him, too.
If you don't mind, I would like to post this artist via your blog. I've been writing about impermancence in art as well, which is why I think I came across your blog while researching. You have an amazing eye, and I love your work!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...