1.20.2010

Unoriginal...


Several readers have emailed me to ask about the globe in our house. I made it on a particularly frustrating day in the studio while in grad school. The text reads, "f this s"...I think I was in mourning about not being able to swear out loud after EZ E was born. I was planning to use it for my thesis exhibition, but decided not to. I wish I could say the idea was original, but one of my professors, Adele Henderson, had been painting globes long before me. The first time I saw her studio I almost died, she had globes everywhere! Adele doesn't pseudo swear on her globes and hers are way better than mine, so I wanted to be sure to give credit where credit's due. Keep the questions coming, my sweethearts. I love to hear from you all.

13 comments:

Amanda @geekdetails said...

I adore this globe. It's awesome!

sosser said...

still brilliant. even if someone else painted a globe before you :)

Kylie said...

Just spectacular! I totally love it and how you've made it your own with your particular story to go with it :) K

Jane Flanagan said...

Love this - thanks for sharing the story with us!

D H Munson said...

I need this globe.. I will have this globe.. you will give me this globe.. this globe completes me. this is the best globe ever I Don't care what ADELE did.

Tyggereye said...

I love that! Of course I think my husband would have a heart attack if I did this to a globe. lol Kinda like when I alter books. He hates it!

jodi of the creative JAR said...

i so love this - i posted it on my blog directing people to yours. thanks so much for sharing! i think i am going to have to make myself one.

Sabine / Kultur* Vintage said...

Thank you for the link to Adele's work, am loving her site. And I do adore your globe as well. : )

Paulette said...

This globe is awesome as in I'd even forgo Starbucks for a while to save my pennies to buy one. Hint hint . . .

Audrey said...

I actually love your globe more than any of Edele's globes. I don't think you should feel bad about putting a spin on someone else's idea. That is how art evolves.

Fly Anyways.x said...

<3

Escoto said...

Your globe is the epitomy of how I feel today. I had seen this picture several months ago (I think I even pinned it on Pinterest), and it came to mind this afternoon. Beautiful job; I like the font you used, and I love how even though you only see "this," it means so much more.

K.R. Bishop said...

i love this! I have a few old globes and i've been looking through several ideas for them.

" F this S" is a friggin winner!
Btw I love your blog, :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...