1.27.2010

Sold...



I realized that I often mention our trips to the auction, but haven't ever pointed out anything that we've come home with. We picked up this desk over the summer for PRH's office. It needs a bit of work, but it was pretty cheap (I try not to spend over 50 dollars on any one item). The auction itself is a couple of towns over and takes place almost every Friday night. Be warned that mid century finds are not typical in this area. It's mostly older antiques and household sort of stuff, but there is the occasional gem. If nothing else, it's worth the trip for the homemade pie and people-watching. Trust me, there are some characters!

*BTW, I know that cloth on the chair looks awkward, but shell chairs are cold and PRH needed something to keep him warm.

4 comments:

A Beautiful Party said...

wow, this is a great find. I was just listening to a this american life episode about storage units being auctioned off when people get behind on their payments. That seems really interesting but also scary, you could get stuck with a lot of crap. Have you ever attended an auction like that? I'm sure there are plenty of characters there. ( :

sMacThoughts said...

OH it's fantabulous, and the two-toned chair is great, too!

Paulette said...

I'm very jealous of your find. I love that this desk balances storage space with a sense of openness. I always feel trapped by big desks with lots of drawers, yet drawers are the best solution for me when it comes to controlling clutter.

Round Rabbit said...

I used to go to Bostwick's every week. I even sat next to your mom once and never realized who she was until months later!
We should meet there one of these weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...