1.21.2010

Game on...


There's something so sweet about the meandering line of this hopscotch grid. I saw this photo and it instantly took me back to catholic school, where I sported a plaid uniform and the coolest reebok high tops my mom could find. Oh yes...I said high tops (pink classics, thank you very much). I'm sure it comes as no surprise that little miss swears-a-lot spent her formative years in a catholic school. Anyways, here are the hopscotch rules in case you're like me and forgot. EZ E and I are going to have a hopscotch throw down today. What? He's only a toddler, you say. Well I say, game ON! Where did I put my reeboks?

*photo from
amsterdame

5 comments:

A Beautiful Party said...

i guess i never realized there were rules to hopscotch. i just thought you hopped. good to know. ( :

Michelle said...

Oooh yeah! Mine were mint green!

Sherri said...

Oh my gosh-I spent so many recesses playing hopscotch. Why did I ever stop? Did you ever play Chinese jump rope? I was obsessed-I would play at home by myself with two kitchen chairs. I want those days back again!!!!

Paulette said...

I love this photo, and am completely jealous that you got to wear sneaks with your uniform. We were strictly no athletic wear, which in my case translated to awful blue lace-up brogues. (Funny that I hated them, but now I'd wear them in that jolie laide kind of way.) BTW, I love your blog--the pix and your voic.!

Sparky said...

I was the youngest child of six and the only girl---so I didn't even see hopscotch played till I was in first grade. I never caught up and learned. :o( I wasn't bad at baseball, however. This photo makes hopscotch seem worth learning!!!
-Sparky
http://sparky-youngbloodstudios.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...