1.08.2010

Before and after...

DIY
This dresser belonged to my mom when she was a little girl. It had been stored in a barn for a long time and was in rough shape, so PRH took it upon himself to refinish it. I picked out some navy blue paint (my favorite color this year) and he did all of the dirty work, including sanding it down, repainting, and polishing the drawer pulls with a wire brush. I think it turned out great! Here it is below in Kicky's room. Oh, and that creepy lady? That's Susan B. Anthony airbrushed on a t-shirt and then stretched over a frame. Every baby girl needs a suffragette in her room, right?

DIY

8 comments:

compulsively compiled said...

I have nearly an identical dresser that I was honestly about to put on craigslist this morning now you have me second guessing that idea. This looks ab fab!

cheryl.andrey said...

What a great color! And I love the rug!

Katie said...

I love the susan b anthony idea. so cute. it's not creepy!

Anonymous said...

grandma L. would be very happy to see this dresser being used for her great-grandaughter (AKA kicky).

she was the original "repurposer". she bought that dresser for me used because she always wanted me to have a french provincial (sic) bedroom set.

it looks wonderful, great job PRH!!!!! heres to ecycling!

Emily said...

oh my that dresser is simply lovely! I would never have thought to use navy, its perfect!

~Emily

Anna said...

stunning! would you mind sharing the paint colour you used?

abby jane said...

good job! it looks great!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Thanks everyone! The paint color is Valspar Corduroy Black (it's navy blue though).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...