12.14.2009

Portrait session...


What I didn't to mention on Friday was that we had an appointment at our local portrait studio this weekend to have a photo taken with PRH's brother's family as a christmas gift for my in-laws. I was completely dreading it (you may remember the grill incident). Our nieces are fourteen and eight, so they were fully prepared for the suckiness known as a family portrait. Our babies, on the other hand...well, I don't think I know a single infant or two-year-old who likes flash photography. While Kicky, through a series of grunts and slouches, worked hard channelling her inner Quasimodo, two year old EZ E kept thrashing around and screaming, "I getting sick! I getting sick!". The woman taking the photo was perky in a really creepy way and kept trying to tickle EZ E. There are types of kids who are okay with complete strangers tickling them and there are types of kids who are decidedly not. EZ E is on the 'not' side of that fence. Any promises of toys, games, or even McDonalds fell on deaf ears. The more the lady chirped at him, "Come on, buddy! Let's see those teeth!", the more pissed off he got until he was in a full-blown toddler rage. I finally yelled out, "This is real life, lady! Just take the picture!". She reluctantly clicked a photo and exclaimed, "Oh! That looks great!". Bullshit. Photographers must be trained to lie. PRH and I are sweating our asses off. We each wear regular glasses with regular lenses, but we both look like Martin Scorsese wearing old-school blublockers. EZ E appears to be shrieking in pain and Kicky looks like the world's youngest contortionist. Hasn't awkward family photos already proven that family photos are just not a good idea? Someone always ends up looking like a freak. I'll be sure to share our photo as soon as we get it. It's a keeper.

1 comment:

Mim Smith Faro said...

oh. I can't wait.

Why is it that ANYONE thinks that going to a "portrait studio" is going to get one a lovely family photo??? I imagine that BIL's family has frequented the "portrait studio". Ack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...